Re: Steering Column Wiring

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 15:11:55 EDT

On Wed, 11 May 2005 Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

> My ’88 also has problems where the both the signals and 4 ways quit working
> completely. But I later discovered if I leave the 4-way switch in the on
> position, the signals will work. I haven’t pulled it apart yet but I expect
> the problem to be in the column as well. I would guess there is either a power
> lead or ground issue and it’s back feeding when I leave the 4-way switch on

that's the greatest solution ever. wiring problems can be so weird.

good to know that I might have to look for a broken wire inside good
insulation.

I also forgot to mention that my mom's F150 had this exact same problem,
symptom being the left turn signal very intermitantly. '04 model with
only 25,000 miles on it.

--
MikeM