RE: Dak really down...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 08:05:23 EDT

Curious...does the engine sound "normal" when cranking? Take a plug out
and crank the engine - see if any pressure comes out of it (compression).

Since the distributor drive gear is run by the cam (and you said that you
can't turn the distributor)...and the cam is turned via the timing
chain...that leads to either a broken distributor drive gear shaft, broken
distributor, broken camshaft, or a broken timing chain - that's why I asked
if any pressure comes out of a cylinder.

Just as a general rule (not to harp on anyone): Always find out the root
cause of a code. Just because it's present...doesn't always mean that the
sensor is at fault.

- Bernd