Re: Motel, cabin or tent?

From: rwerning@wi.rr.com
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 13:13:47 EDT

> That is rough, Josh.
>
> We got sick of having people next to and below us (dogs barking, kids
> screaming, music blaring), so our new apartment we just have people on
> either side. And only one of them ever make noise.
>
> We didn't believe that the people downstairs were really bothered by
> our cats running around, but now that our bedroom is below our living
> room, we know that we have LOUD cats.
>
> We have kids in "our yard" but they haven't been a bother. They liked
> poking our screen last night though when one of the cats was in the
> window.

That's why we bought a house in the country on 1+ acres of land. When I
couldn't take living in an appt anymore we bought a house in the city, but
couldn't stand having a neighbors window 30 ft from my own. If it was up to
me, I'd buy about 20 acres wooded and build a house in the middle of it, so I
don't have to see, hear or notice the existence of a single neighbor. But -
the wife isn't too keen on that idea (she's not quite the recluse that I am) so
the current house is a compromise.