Re: Compression Fittings On Brake Lines

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 14:44:36 EDT

""Jason Bleazard"" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote in message
news:27479.199.64.0.252.1115921342.squirrel@janor.ath.cx...
> I get what you did, but I would say that it's not your job to save people
> from themselves. Make sure he understands that what he's describing is
> not a good idea, but in the end if he insists then it's his choice.

I have to agree with Jason on this.. I understand why you did it, but have
been in the same sort of situation where I want parts for something, but
really don't feel like explaining the whole story to the parts guy. As long
as you warned the guy that it was a very bad idea and that he understood
that info, I would say sell the parts and know you did your job. I'm sure he
just stopped by a hardware store and bought some compression fittings there
anyway.

And, if he really was dumb enough to use them on his brake lines, well then
we'll probably have a new candidate for the Darwin awards fairly soon.

--
- Rich Werning
  05 Grey Dak, QC 4x4, 4.7L, Tow Pkg