Re: Compression Fittings On Brake Lines

From: TerribleTom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 22:44:31 EDT

Joseph Orsini wrote:
> Dude,
>
> I've been told here in Wisconsin that not only is it unsafe to use
> compression fittings on brakes but also illegal, I think it might even be
> illegal to sell compression fittings knowing they will be used for brake
> lines. In one semi emergency situation I considered using a compression
> fitting on a left front brake but after looking at the line it seemed just
> as much work to do that as to bend the line a fix it right. Better to take
> the time and fix it right than to tear up your car or worse yourself or
> someone else.

I was told by another coworker of mine, who now works for another parts
company, that compression fittings on brake lines are illegal here in
the state of Wisconsin. So I've heard that too.

When I returned to work today after lunch, when I sent my first message
on this topic, I asked my boss, (store manager - 30 year parts service
veteran) that is *IS* illegal to use them on brake lines. I've been
searching the web trying to locate the law where it says that... I want
to know and read it for my own satisfaction.

********** COUNTDOWN TO 2005 DML BBQ *undefined* DAYS LEFT! **********
*Caution* Terrible Tom may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. What
pond?
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine - http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/