Re: Re: Cylinder head grooves

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 16:48:28 EDT

> Reading the Popular Science story is pretty enlightening. Makes you
wonder
> what other good ideas have been floating around out there but never get
any
> recognition due to it being some joe-at-home mechanic who thought it up.
>
> You would think that it would spark the interest of someone who has a few
> bucks and the resources to test this idea in the US, give it the proper
> scientific testing that it deserves and see what the outcome is. Even if
it
> was *only* a 10% increase in MPG (his bottom line), that would be huge.

For what its worth...

http://boards.pathfinder.com/@@X8EzJgcAh5JOE4*8/cgi-bin/webx?50@47.wFb3cyoEy07.0@.ef0f426

I am currently testing Singh's modification on various performance vehicles
with small block Chevy engines. The vehicles vary from mild to wild, results
have all been favorable. I have been modifying Chevy engines for more than
25 years; I have never before seen a single modification have such a impact
on engine performance. The change is obvious when the engine is first
started. The most noticeable difference is the idle quality. Gone are cold
natured starts, radical race engines with this modification idle at 600 RPM
cold. It soon becomes obvious that the engine burns much cleaner and changes
in the tune up are more responsive. More to follow.

----
automotivebreath - 06:16pm May 9, 2005 EST (#8 of 8)
I don't have enough information to be able to post percentages for fuel
consumption reductions but I can say that the reductions are "significant".
The improvements are many; clean burning plugs, increased torque and
horsepower. Cooler running engines, cleaner oil, and the list goes on.
Engines with this modification are less prone to detonation. This may sound
too good to be true, I admit it's difficult to believe, when a modified
engine is started for the first time the change is obvious. I have different
engines being assembled at this time; I will be able to provide details of
each, more to follow.