RE: Change axle fluid?

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 12:24:33 EDT

Other than being messy, it's not that hard to do this procedure yourself,
and it will be a lot cheaper than 180 bucks. ;)
I'd probably advise changing it now, then every 50,000 miles after that.
Like an engine, your axles have just been going through their own break-in
period, and you may very well find metal shavings in the fluid, but after
changing the juice the first time you "shouldn't" find and flakes in there
after that.

The state of your gears may change if you tend to offroad your Dak in deep
water conditions.... ;)

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....