Re: RE: Change axle fluid?

From: korey99@yahoo.com
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 13:02:10 EDT

I called the dealership and they told me $9.65/qt for the 75W-90 gear lube
(GL-5). I'll need around 4 qts it seems. Is there another supplier or
recommended fluid to use that people have had good luck with, and won't get me
in trouble in case of a warranty claim? $40ish I can handle, but I don't want
to automatically assume the Mopar fluids are the best/only option.

The maintenance book also mentions using 75W-140 if you're going to be towing
any trailer. Of course that's $22/qt. According to that, I should have
changed my rear axle fluid before towing my 300lb utility trailer... man! In
practice, is it necessary for say a 2000lb trailer?

Korey