Re: Compression Fittings On Brake Lines

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 12:46:30 EDT

david.clement@verizon.net wrote:

: Jon,
: I stand corrected! The compression fittings I have always picked up at the
: local auto parts store are of the type on page 123 commonly called Swaglock
: fittings and it was those I was quoting the numbers on (some times they have
: them in steel as well as brass). The only time I have used the type with the
: barrel shapped ferrel is on plastic tubing and in larger sizes under the sink.

: I guess I will jump on the band wagon and state that if you are going to use a
: compression fitting it must be one designed for high pressures and have the
: tapered ferrel not the low pressure barrel shape. I would be suprised to see an
: auto parts store selling the low pressure ones in break lines sizes. :\

: It's great when you learn something and I learned you need to pay more
: attention to what you use.

   Ahhh, suddenly this crazy, mixed-up world makes sense again, if only
for a few minutes. :-) I figured something must be wrong; it felt
weird to be on the opposite side of of a discussion with you, Dave - seems
usually we are in agreement. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'