RE: Trailer wiring harness for a 2004 Dakota

From: Joseph Orsini (joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 11:58:39 EDT

Contact some local trailer dealers. They often install brake controllers
and might even do yours for a decent price.

-Joe

-
-
-
-Hey all-
-
- So far the local dealerships haven't been an awful lot of help
-(they don't
-have the info I need), so I thought I'd try here. I need to put a 7-pin
-trailer connector on my 2004 4x4 (without the towing package). I called the
-parts dept. and they gave me a part number of #82208816, but they
-can't tell me
-what I'm getting. The cost is $75.
-
- The way I see it, I'll need the 7pin trailer connector, the
-connector in the
-cab for the brake controller, a big honkin' charge wire run to the trailer
-connector, a battery isolator/solenoid, etc. I already have a
-four pin harness
-which is connects up at the tail lights.
-
- Does anyone have any further information, spec sheets, a picture, etc. of
-this part?
-
-Thanks,
-Korey