Trailer wiring harness for a 2004 Dakota

From: korey99@yahoo.com
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 11:21:01 EDT

Hey all-

  So far the local dealerships haven't been an awful lot of help (they don't
have the info I need), so I thought I'd try here. I need to put a 7-pin
trailer connector on my 2004 4x4 (without the towing package). I called the
parts dept. and they gave me a part number of #82208816, but they can't tell me
what I'm getting. The cost is $75.

  The way I see it, I'll need the 7pin trailer connector, the connector in the
cab for the brake controller, a big honkin' charge wire run to the trailer
connector, a battery isolator/solenoid, etc. I already have a four pin harness
which is connects up at the tail lights.

  Does anyone have any further information, spec sheets, a picture, etc. of
this part?

Thanks,
Korey