RE: Trailer wiring harness for a 2004 Dakota

From: nichols, christopher (chrisn@emc.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 13:44:17 EDT

> have the info I need), so I thought I'd try here. I need to
> put a 7-pin
> trailer connector on my 2004 4x4 (without the towing
> package). I called the
> parts dept. and they gave me a part number of #82208816, but
> they can't tell me
> what I'm getting. The cost is $75.

Dear God. $75 for that? NO WAY!

Go to Walmart, and hit up the automotive section (or e-trailer.com, or
whatever). Hoppy makes a 7-pin connector that plugs into a 4-pin harness
for like... $15-20. It has the pigtails for the remaining three pins that
you wire to the appropriate places. They even sell another version with
both a 4-pin and 7-pin connector in one housing. I have this on my truck,
and it works awesome.

I can take a picture if you are (or anyone else is) interested - let me
know.

Chris