Re: Trailer wiring harness for a 2004 Dakota

From: korey99@yahoo.com
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 14:21:17 EDT

In article <5031.199.64.0.252.1116954315.squirrel@janor.ath.cx>,
dml@bleazard.net ("Jason Bleazard") writes:

> There's a thought. Assuming you got your trailer from a dealer, a good
> place to start would be the dealer you bought it from. Ours installed our
> brake controller for free, and we didn't even buy the controller from
> them. We found a bunch of Tekonshas on eBay brand new for half the price.
> Since we had just bought a trailer from them, they didn't mind too much
> installing our eBay controller for us.

I asked them about that, and they quoted me a price (I couldn't get them to do
it for free, they've reached their limit as to how much discount they're going
to give.) I wanted to first see about using mopar stuff to begin with, and
premade harnesses. I'm afraid of them chopping and duct-taping my vehicle's
wires. I asked, and they don't use a solenoid or isolater for the charge wire,
and from what I've read many suggest it, to keep the vehicle battery from
discharging when the trailer is hooked up and the key is off.

Thankfully, they are willing to do as much or little of the work as I want,
including using my controller if I take one to them.

Thanks,
Korey