RE: Possible street racing accident!

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 15:18:12 EDT

> I think this is the link Chad was referring to:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/8ueqa
>
> I love how in the end of the article (actually referencing a
>different incident) it said that a guy was found guilty of "drag
>racing". I didn't know drag racing was illegal - should I hide
>my trophies? ;-) Yeah, I know what they *meant*, it just annoys
>me when journalists are either A - sloppy or B - adjenda driven; in
>either case, the end result is for their words to foster an entire
>culture of ignorance.
>
> Anyhoo, back to the article - yeah, stupid kids doing stupid
>things and other people have to pay the price. I sure hope they
>slap manslaughter charges on the both of them.
>

>--
> -Jon-

It might also be "C - ignorance (wanton or otherwise) on the part of the
journalist". Of course that might also be filed under "A". This could
lead into an interesting discussion...

Apparently some people can't handle the responsibilities that go with
our rights and privileges. I wonder if there is anything that can be
done about these incidents other than to enforce homicide and reckless
operation statutes after the fact.

tim