RE: 3.9 Install

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 14:13:00 EDT

No need for step #1 or making it hard on yourself with trying to line up the
mounts to the frame.

Remove radiator/fan assembly, disconnect starter, remove bolts at the
bellhousing, remove intake manifold (may want to do this first before
removing bolts at bellhousing - easier), attach chain to heads (do NOT use
the intake for lifting), disconnect the three bolts on each side of the
motor attaching it to the mounts, jack up trans slightly with floor jack
(may have to disconnect trans mount), lift engine up and out. Reverse the
process on installation as it's easier to line up the engine to trans at a
slight angle.

- Bernd