Re: Tire clearance

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 05:20:42 EDT

Hey, Jon...

<snip> I've got 33" BFG's on my Ram. Just random warped-mind-wanderings
here, but
 would these fit on a stock 4x4 Dak, say a '97-'99?<snip>

If your bolt pattern on the wheels matches a Dak, try em! The DAKSY has 32 X
11.50 BFG KOs on er, & when the tires has full tread, they'd rub at full
cornering...They've got over 70K on em & they're due to be replaced before
the "HAWK" hits...I'm not sure if it's the diameter of the tire or the width
AT THAT diameter the we've gotta worry about...Barry Oliver has 31 x 13.5s
on his Dak, & seems pretty happy with em.
Again, I'd try em - IF it wasn't TOO much of an effort...
Prolly doesn't give a DEFINITE answer, but maybe you can get SOME ideas...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/