Re: Re: Tire clearance

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 09:41:58 EDT

31x13.5 DOES fit, but you can get a little rub at full lock. In my
experience Wide fits better than Tall. and the torsion bar trick
dosen't help wide at all. Looking at my tires I do not have an extra 2"
of clearance all around the tires. 33's might work if they were hella
narrow, like maybe 33x9.5 or somesuch, but you will likely have to run
yout torsion bars up as high as you can go to clear them. The much more
common 33x12.5 likely will rub front and back... I tried to fit a
35x12.5 a while back, [was offered 4 BFG muds for $350, they were used
but still had the nubs on them..] the rears fit fine, but the front
would barely let me turn the wheel without rubbing. The problem area
becomes the rear of the fender, opposite the kick panel.. HTH