Re: Continuing code/sensor saga-Ambient Temp Sensor

From: menefreghista (usriflecal30_m1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 08:31:36 EDT

Jon wrote:
> : Auto Zone did not have:
> : Ambient Temp Sensor-will have to order it.
> : Could not tell me where it was located on engine.
>

> That's located on the upper, front, passenger
> side of the
> intake manifold. Throwing parts at it though can be
> something
> of a crapshoot; chances are, by the time you find
> the faulty
> item, you will have spent more than having a local
> dealer hook
> up the DRB and run a diagnostic...

I replaced a sensor in that location, called the Air
Charge Sensor. But am unable to locate the Ambient
Temp Sensor. Going to the dealer is a great idea, but
the charge to hook up the computer is $80+the parts if
I don't pay them to fix it at $76 an hour, all I have
spent so far is $30. If I can locate the last sensor,
the only thing left is the battery as I have an extra
PCM.
Still throws a code #23&37

--- DML Digest