RE: [now] Offroad buggies [was] new guy chimes in

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 13:10:52 EDT

On Tue, August 2, 2005 11:03 am, jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> Then there's the whole raw materials cost. Would be nice to be able
> to scrounge some of it, but no matter what, there is going to be a
> need to buy some new stuff. I think I heard that the UR buggy cost
> $12,000 which is WAY more than I would want to spend on something
> like this. (Like 4 times more.) ;-) So, I dunno - I guess I'll
> keep thinking about it and maybe I will figure out what I want to do,
> and somehow schedule it around all my other projects. :-)

For anyone following this thread who thinks they'd like a buggy but
doesn't want to get in to the fabrication, it's worth mentioning that
there are a grundle of them on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/bs9ms. Both
completed cars as well as easy-to-assemble kits. Just watch the shipping
charges on those kits, some of them want more to ship the kit than the
auction price.

I didn't notice any that appear to have the same suspension capability of
the UR buggy, but I didn't spend a lot of time looking.