Re: Need opinions regarding fuel pump

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 21:21:35 EDT

At 08:31 PM 8/30/05, you wrote:
>Hook up a mechanical guage. Do the temp setup with it mounted on the cowl
>with zip ties or duct tape. Use a passenger if necessary.

Thanks, Tony. The 45 psi reading was from a mechanical gauge.
I then used it to re-calibrate my electrical Autometer gauge.
I'll somehow see what the pressure is doing at wot under prolonged
load.

>My thoughts are you are leaning out at the top of 3rd. Tony C.

I've thought of that a lot too. I'm just wondering why it's intermittent
and why almost at the same spot on the track. I have also noticed that
it almost never does it when the baro. pressure is high and the temps.
are in the low 50F range.

It's too late in the race season and not enough time to pull the heads
between races but I've done every test and examination that I can
think of except for that. Fuel injectors are clean and appear to be
operating without problems. I've tried the FMS 19# as well as the
stockers too. I've also tried the 24#s too but they are way too big
without a flash.

Thanks
Bob