Re: The Dak is gone/Buy American...etc.

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 11:35:31 EDT

Young Master Stieger...

<snip> So, as far as the foreign vs. domestic, waxing patriotic, "buy
American", and all that goes - I don't see one bit of difference
between Subaru, Honda, Toyota and... Dodge.
 Sorry, but them's the breaks. Anyone who wants to "buy American"
nowadays has to choose between Ferd and Chebby. (With the exception
of a few specialty vehicle brands, such as Panoz, Saleen, etc.) <snip>

Picky, picky, picky...I guess being the son of an American career soldier &
living 7 years of my life OCONUS,
(plus being OLD), just makes me gravitate towards the American NAME. I
realize that we're in an almost totally global economy & that everybody
seems to be scratching everybody else's back (as well as lining each other's
pockets)...

DAK content: Couldn't get the hub/bearing assembly out...Hadda actually PAY
(*gasp*) somebody to do it...$120
later she's back to riding right....now I gotta crawl under & change out the
Flowmasters...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(It just never ends...!)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed