satellite isp (was: Rita traffic)

From: droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 15:37:32 EDT

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 17:07:32 -0400, Michael Clark <mclark@gmail.com> wrote:

> misses with my dad's real estate office (inches to be presise) and
> have some fence damage and shingle damage. put the satelite and
> router on a dc inverter from the dak to check email and news and
> figured I'd let everyone know I'm fine. Got some good pics and
> possible decent videos to upload later whenever power comes back up
> and I can maintain an internet connection for an extended period. For
> now, there is no fuel anywhere, no lights but we do have our water
> service running on generator.

Are you refering to DSL through Direct Tv or do you you use an actual
satellite connection? If so, I'm wondering how it is and how much. I have
sprint DSL right now, And they are pissing me off with their bullshit
charges. Don't have access to cable and would love to go some place else.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota