Re: Size DOES matter!

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 10:54:43 EDT

On Fri, September 30, 2005 9:42 am, Pindell, Tim said:

> I dig the rat rods, no matter what the era. Rat Bikes, too. Function
> over form. It takes talent and research to go fast on the cheap, as I'm
> sure, most you are well aware. That's what I enjoy about them.

Okay, I can totally get that. What I don't get is that there are so many
fiberglass body kits out there just left in rough primer (or raw
fiberglass) that it must be some kind of fad. These don't actually do
anything for performance at speeds under, what... 150 miles per hour? For
all practical purposes, they've always been appearance mods. So, these
kids spend the money on what's mainly an appearance mod, then leave it
looking like they fished it out of a junk pile. That's what doesn't make
sense to me.

Seems like the money would have been better spent on actual performance
mods if they wanted the pleasure of smoking people in a car that looked
like junk. Like I said, I can totally relate to that. It doesn't look
any more like junk with a half-finished appearance mod, it just looks like
a perpetual work in progress. Whatever. It's their car and their money.

Tom: ask the guy with the torpedo tubes for me, is his car a work in
progress, or did he leave it like that on purpose? Now I'm curious to
hear what the real story is.