Secure bed storage?

From: msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 20:29:36 EDT

Howdy folks,

I was going through the archives looking for some posts on this subject as I'm
sure its been talked about before, but couldnt find anything specific.

I was looking for some sort of secure (preferrably) cargo hold-down system,
tool chest, storage box, or something of the sort.

Its for a 99 V6 Regular Cab, so space is at a premium.

Im primarily interested in storing your typical breakdown/recovery items (a
jumpstarter, 6D maglite flashlight, jumper cables, some extra quarts of oil,
stuff like that.) I also have lots of problems with things sliding around back
there (groceries ect) since i have no way of holding anything.

 Unfortunately space within the cab just isnt there, but the bed currently isnt
holding anything (other than dust, that is :)

The bed is covered by a soft tonneau with no bedliner. (Im going to be applying
a herculiner on it soon)Im looking to avoid the standard toolbox as I don't use
the truck to work and i would like to keep costs low.

thanks!

Luid