Re: Bad day, need opinions

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 16:56:13 EST

Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:

: Jason,

: Very sorry to hear about your incident. If it's any consolation,
: something like that happens more often than you'd think.

   Indeed. Except for me of course; I mean, I'd never back into
anybody's Cherokee or anything like that. :-) Ummm, or start my
Dak with the remote start while it was in gear and inside of a
building... No, nothing even remotely close to that! :-)

: I put a pretty big dent in HOT DAK's rear bumper when I backed
: into one of those crash barriers they put around the gas pumps on the
: PA turnpike some years back when I went to race at the Cecil track.
: Sorry to say but if your bumper metal is anything like the one on
: the 97, it's pretty hard to get the dent out so that it won't be slightly
: noticeable.

  On the plus side, since Jason has the painted bumpers, it may be
possible to hammer it pretty close and then use a little bondo to
hide the rest. :-) (Since the whole bumper probably needs a
repaint anyway.) Maybe even use something like Hurculiner or
Duraliner, instead of regular paint.

--
                                          -Jon-

.- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -. | 67 Dodge Coronet, 70 Plymouth Barracuda, 76 Peugeot TSA | | 78 Dodge B100, 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible, 92 Dodge Ram 4x4 | | 96 Dodge Dakota, 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, 96 Kolb FireFly | | 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD | `--------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'