Re: Bad day, need opinions

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 16:58:33 EST

On Fri, November 25, 2005 4:17 pm, Bob Tom said:

> Sorry to say but if your bumper metal is anything like the one on
> the 97, it's pretty hard to get the dent out so that it won't be slightly
> noticeable.

Well, it doesn't have to be perfect. I got over the appearance of this truck
the first time I took it off road (which was about a week after I got it).
Even so, I don't want to look like I'm driving something I stole from a
junkyard, mostly because I don't feel like getting pulled over and hassled by
one of our fine law enforcement officers.

If I could make it structurally sound and appear at least 80% of normal, then
I wouldn't mind. The more I think about it though, the more I'm guessing this
dent is big enough that trying to pound it out is just going to fatigue the
metal. I'll try to get some pics posted tonight.

> If you like, I can ask David for suggestions and/or put out a call for you
> on the Dodge forums to see if anyone has a used one in good shape.

If you wouldn't mind, that would be most appreciated. I checked on
www.car-part.com and it looks like there are a few around in good shape, going
for about $100 - $150 Cdn. There are some that are cheaper that say they need
blasting and painting. Maybe I can bribe Jon and we can figure out a way to
powdercoat one.