Re: Bad day, need opinions

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 11:17:56 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Terrible Tom wrote:
>

>> Until you drive White Knight into a lake... or start hitting light
>> poles and firehydrents... backing into your own garage door... or
>> power sliding into a speed limit sign with an Explorer that belongs to
>> a family member... you are not driving stupid
>

> I will grant that your outcome was much, much worse than mine. However,
> all of your incidents sound like you were moving and your momentum
> carried you in to some obstacle that you hadn't seen or otherwise
> couldn't avoid. Is that about right? I mean, standing down on the
> airstrip and looking up at the barn, I can easily understand how the
> pond incident occurred.
>
> However, I can't for the life of me understand how I did what I did, and
> I was there. I was stopped completely, sitting still, completely safe.
> I had already avoided the stationary obstacle. Then the autopilot in
> my brain short circuited and decided to accelerate from a complete
> standstill and attack a stationary vehicle.
>
> Brilliant.
>
> I'm very fortunate and grateful the outcome wasn't any worse, but that
> doesn't stop me from feeling pretty dumb.

DOh! My brilliant plan didn't work! Curses! heh the point of my self
e was to try and cheer you up by pointing out that there are people who
have done things much more stupid than you have done :)

If you recall I did the exact same thing, summer of 2003... just after
backing into the garage, and just prior to the lake, I rearended someone
in my XJ. Same incident heh. Stop sign, truck infront of me, I looked
down to grab some frenchfrys after having just left a burger joint...
came to a stop, and started moving again and kablooey... took out the
front grill and headlights on the Jeep heh.

Don't feel bad :) You are no where near as bad a driver as so many I
have seen (Chicago), and as I'm sure you and Norah have seen. Everyone
makes mistakes :)

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine