Re: 45RFE trans pan, welding in a drain plug.

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 10:52:18 EST

>>Not having a drain plug in a trans pan is stupid to me, always will be.
Its fluid you have to change, why not make it accessible to do so
without all that mess?. I only do it every so often, Those who do it for
their job, It would make me wanna climb that Texas Tower.....<<

there's no drain plug becuase you're supposed to change the filter when you
change the fluid, which requires dropping the pan. You're supposed to change
the cooler return line filter every 60k miles, which also requires pan
removal. Also, there is a magnet on the pan that needs to get cleaned off of
any metal shavings, otherwise the shavings will go back into the
transmission and cause damage. Well... there really should be any metal
shavings on the magnet... but you'll never know unless you drop the pan,
which is the whole point of dropping the pan...
Drop that Pan!! =)

-miggity
2000 CC FR R/T
MP PCM, K&N FIPK complete with cracked tube

14.88@92.5 mph

mods sitting in boxes - 4.56 gear, m1, headers, exhuast, 52mm tb.... any
volunteers to help install?