Re: WAS:Snow y cruising NOW: Mr. Plow Returneth!!! maybe....

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 01:49:55 EST

On Dec 18, 2005, at 8:34, Mr. Plow wrote:

> Well, i've been thinking about it more and more these days.
> With the very possible move out west to be with Jackie, and the fact
> that i don't have a job waiting for me, plowing wouldn't be a bad
> idea...

ah ha, that explains things =)

> However, most of my money is tied up in my property investments right
> now, so i have to sell one, and re-finance the other before i get a
> decent truck for plow duty. I thought i could use the Scout i have
> that is currently resting in the driveway, but looking online at the
> major plow manufacturers, they don't list an '80 Scout II on any of
> their fitment charts.

screw them, then. fab it up =)

I'm thinking of doing that for the Dakota this coming summer, but I'm
having too much trouble with the ancient Fisher pump setup I have now
to worry much about that.

> So, i was thinking of a Ramcharger. Looking for something cheap, but
> still heavy and powerful. I still feel the older Daks are a bit light
> for the duty.
> I dunno, just throwing around ideas in my head for now...

plowing with IFS just seems wrong. and Dakotas have enough ball joint
issues as it is. a W150 or RamCharger would do well (or any brand X
variant thereof - blazers, broncos or any reg cab short box pickup with
a V8 and 4 wheel drive...)

If you're going to drop the coin on a new plow (I can't imagine
spending that much on that pile of steel. I have this thing with
buying what I can build when costs climb into the 4 digit range - but
then I never get around to building it :) ) you certainly won't have
the issues I'm having for quite some time.

   +-- Mike Maskalans ------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC 318 4x4 '84 RamCharger 360 4x4 |
   | SFA, 40" Iroks 34" Truxs M/Ts, plow |
   | looking for the right Cummins - 4x4 manual trans CC |
   +------------------ <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/> --+