Re: Transmissions! Yay!

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 22:21:18 EST

Tom,

One alternate route you may want to take is looking on car-part.com for
a low mile trans. When the trans went out in my 98, I was able to get a
trans with 17k on it for $700, not too bad compared to $1300-1800 for a
rebuilt or new trans. Plus, most yards have a 90 day warranty on what
they sell, which doesn't sound like much but if you get a bad trans....
you're going to know well before the 90 days are up.

I also went this route with my engine..... saved a ton compared to a
rebuild! :)

Gary Hedlin
05 4.7 SLT
98 3.9 Sport