Re: CALLING ALL DML'ERS! Westbound and down!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 10:07:47 EST

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Your DML Shenanigans Planning Team has been hard at work getting things
> ready for the 2006 National Meet in Denver. Very shortly we are going
> to start asking for the deposits on the campground sites and the group area.

k.

> I also want to start plans for a westbound Caravan if possible. Now I
> know not everyone will be traveling at the same time, but it would be
> nice to have as many people traveling together as possible

My working idea (nowhere near a plan yet) is to drive the weekends and be
at the campsite probably monday through friday. If I'm travelling alone,
I'll probably make it halfway across Ohio after work on Friday, stop
Saturday night somewhere between STL and KC, and make the campground
Sunday night. Return departing after dinner on Friday, make somewhere in
Kansas, then probably not quite to Indianapolis, and then home sunday.

I'm hoping to have a travelling companion but she doesn't yet have any
idea what her summer plans are. If that ends up happening I'd probably
take the 14th and 24th off but keep my arrival and departures from Lone
Duck pretty similar and take more time travelling.

I won't know about that until probably the beginning of July. To be
honest, I also don't know whether I'll be driving the Dakota or not -
depends on how much fuel money I have in the bank and whether I broke
anything over the 4th of July weekend in the Silver Lake dunes. I'm
definitely hoping I'll be able to.

> I have requested July 13th to the 31st, off of work. If my plans are on
> target, I should be able to leave Wisconsin on the 13th. I can
> rendezvous with others in the area at whatever point we want. Chicago
> seems to be a logical "hub".

Whether I'll be going through Chicago is dependant on whether I have
company or not. If I do, I might have a reason to detour through the New
York of the Middle, otherwise I'll be on 70 all the way across. Either
way I probably wouldn't be there until Saturday, so I'm likely to be
behind the "crew"

--
  +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
  | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |