Front diffy vent tube spewing

From: Jay & Dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 17:01:27 EST

A couple days ago I noticed about half a cup of oil under the engine of my
truck. (97 Dak, 318, 4x4). I've always had a flat piece of cardboard under
the engine in my garage to check if there is any leaks. I found out it came
from the vent tube top from the front axle just under the stock airbox. I
changed this fluid to redline synthetic about 2 years ago. It's never
leaked before from there and hasn't since. Any ideas what would cause this
one time occurrence?

TIA

-Jay