Re: Daily Drivers

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 18:39:49 EST

On Wed, January 25, 2006 11:02 am, Terrible Tom said:

> I just wish this Neon was a 5 speed like your Jetta. The Neon has only
> a 3 speed auto - as I discovered. That suprised me a bit that it didn't
> have a 4 speed at least.

Yeah, they took a lot of flak for that, and it still took them years to get a
4 speed in there.

> This neon - being the typical older Gen I
> neon - has the Wind Noise From Hell with the "half doors" and no top
> door frame.

Are your windows tight? I've read that they can develop problems with the
window tracks coming loose from people pushing on the windows to close the
doors. I used to yell at people who did that when I had my Neon. I never
experienced any problems, but I only had the car about a year and a half. No
idea how correct that report was, but it's worth taking two seconds to see if
there's any play in the window.

> Only thing I woud think about with a diesel today is that diesel is more
> money per Gal over regular unleaded.

That's pretty typical for winter. The use of oil to heat homes drives up the
demand. It should drop back down below the price of unleaded during the
summer, assuming the same pattern holds like it has in the past.