Re: Attn: Maskalans: Daily Drivers

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 11:02:08 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> I bought it with lalf a tank in it, burned that off last weekend in
> almost 300 miles, will fill up tomorrow for the first time since, should
> be a bit over 500 miles. I've got lots of people curious how well it'll
> do. I'm betting low 40s/really high 30s, and that's pretty sweet for
> how I've been beating... er... driving it.
>
> RamCharger is getting dropped off insurance this week, if I was smart I
> wouldn't have bothered plating it when the MN tabs expired, but having
> the Jetta now I'd be shocked if I'll drive it again, and with ALL the
> snow we've been getting, it has yet to plow.

MMmm those are some pretty good fuel economy numbers. I was wondering
how long it would take you to stop driving the Dak daily :) high fuel
costs suck don't they hehe

I just wish this Neon was a 5 speed like your Jetta. The Neon has only
a 3 speed auto - as I discovered. That suprised me a bit that it didn't
have a 4 speed at least. How does the Jetta handle on the highway?
Lots of road noise or quiet? This neon - being the typical older Gen I
neon - has the Wind Noise From Hell with the "half doors" and no top
door frame. I'm planning on doing a weather strip replacement soon. For
now I just turn the radio up.

Only thing I woud think about with a diesel today is that diesel is more
money per Gal over regular unleaded. However if you are getting 35+ mpg
- I suppose that higher cost isnt an issue.

I've done 108 miles with the neon already and I've used about a quarter
of a tank (11.5 gal tank I think) With the Ram - I'd already be at half
a tank (25 gallon can)

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine