Pedal lift during shifting

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 16:54:32 EST

First off. I like shifting my automatic. I shift manually when I drive my truck on the
road. My wife thinks its unnecessary. But I do it anyway.

So, if I shift manually most of the time, a question has popped up.

Q: Is a slight pedal lift between gear changing like the 1-2 shift or 2-3 shift a good
idea with a 46RH?

PS:
I would think the pedal lift is not necessary. I would also think that the tranny was
design for shifts at WOT, 50%, 75% or anywhere in between and all while at the maximum
rated load. Would I be correct here? Or is there something about the design of tranny
that I missed.

-dan

Dan K.
'92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.55 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.

Mods: Cool air, K&N oil/air, 180* T-Stat, Autolite 3924s, re-located IAT, Trans-Go shift kit.

Future: Swap motor for a slightly modified Magnum 5.9L engine.