RE: Ball joint replacement, anyone do it themselves?

From: JameyWelch@freightliner.com
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 15:22:32 EST

If I change them myself on a '99 2WD, how do I keep the spring from
popping up. I don't want to get hurt doing this, but I need to get it
done. I believe I can do it and I have air tools, but do I need to
change the bushings as well while I am in there and how much does a
bushing kit cost? How involved is changing the bushings? My truck has
about 92K on it.