code scanner....

From: Joe B. (JoeB327@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2006 - 08:31:55 EST

Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase a code scanner (not reader). I have
narrowed my search down to two choices, the Actron CP9145 and the Auto Xray
4000. Both units are sililar, multi-line display, real-time sensor
monitoring, as well as price range, $200 for the Actron and $220 for the
Auto Xray (on-line pricing). Any DML members own either of these scanners
who could comment as to whether they are satisified with their purchase or
would they have bought another unit. One thing that kind of turned me off
after e-mailing the Actron people, is that to update the software (flash),
you need to purchase a kit (cable and software) for about$45. Where as the
AutoXray allows download off the web for their updates. All feedback is
welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe B.
.