Re: To sell or not

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 17:09:40 EDT

On 4/10/06, Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Josh Battles wrote:
> >
> > That's true. I have a pretty good commute for school so it saved me a
> > bundle. I was filling up the Dak 3 times a week and the Daytona is usually
> > only once a week, maybe twice depending on how bad traffic gets. < 10
> > gallons is much cheaper than tanking 18+ in the Dak either way, so it makes
> > me pretty happy.
>

> My '02 Jetta TDI is paying for its insurance and loan payment in fuel
> savings alone. With my 75+ miles/day and frequent road trips I didn't
> have to get a cheap vehicle to have it pay for itself.

Yeah, I found the same with the Acclaim.

> That's actually with paying my entire insurance bill on all three
> vehicles (which is getting literally cut in half next week by switching to
> Geico) as well as the load payment.

Really? I cut my auto insurance almost in half by ditching Geico :)
Marci & I are now paying, for 2 vehicles, what I was paying for my '99
when I first got it, with MUCH more mileage and much higher liability
coverage. And if we ever get around to taking that 5-hour course,
it'll drop another $10/month. And when my ticket rolls off my record
in 18 months, it'll come down again :)

However, until I switched to Allstate, Geico was almost 50% lower than
any other quote I could get, aside from Progressive.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |