Re: To sell or not

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 15:20:16 EDT

On Tue, April 11, 2006 9:29 am, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I switched to Geico a few years ago and like Mike, it cut my cost
> almost in half. I'm still paying quite a bit though for comp &
> collission on 5 vehicles. I have the Coronet and Cuda on a collector's
> policy with somebody else which is dirt cheap compared to normal
> insurance (not to mention being agreed value). I like the way they
> do it because no matter how many vehicles you have on the policy,
> there is only ONE liability charge. They are actually smart enough
> to realize that you can only drive one vehicle at a time. I think
> when I added the Coronet to the policy, it was something like $60/year
> more. Most policies will give you a discount for multi-car, but a
> separate liability charge on each vehicle is a rip off, IMHO. I wish I
> could find an insurer who would write a policy that way for my daily
> drivers. I've been thinking lately that I really should do some
> shopping around to see if I can drop my premiums at all, but its a
> bit of a hassle when the quote is for 5 vehicles; would be a pain
> to do on the phone, and most web sites don't seem to be set up to
> give a multi vehicle quote. (Wah!) ;-)

I called around right after I purchased the Daytona and it ended up being
cheaper to stick with SF than it was to change. The multi-car discount is
what saved me. They changed the Daytona to my primary vehicle and put my
truck as secondary transportation so the rate on that dropped as well. I was
on the phone with them for a while trying to get as many discounts as I
could. In the end, my monthly charge went down after all was said and done.

That's kind of interesting about the liability coverage, I'll have to ask my
agent about that next time I'm in there. I'm sure they'll roll their eyes at
me and tell me it doesn't work that way though.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'