Auto to manual swap...

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2006 - 13:24:46 EDT

Hi list,
My current question is, what am I overlooking if I grab a stickshift
2wd donor Dak and try to mate it's 2wd manual trans to my transfer
case (currently with an automatic)?

My auto tranny has only a little while left before it goes kersplat. I
want to swap in a manual trans, and I'm talking with a guy who has a
running '95 donor truck for me (cheap price cause it's got accident
damage). The only problem is that the donor is a 2wd truck.

This swap will also be an upgrade to a magnum engine. Having a
complete donor truck will give me all the wiring I need (might just
take the whole interior), plus the pedals and linkage. Maybe I'm way
off in thinking this is a good idea. I do that sometimes :-)

Thanks!
Don
89 Dakota Convertible 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340