Re: 1999 2wd front rotor/hub assembly

From: Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\) (james.zito@ps.ge.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 19:46:49 EDT

<snip> I have a 99 2wd with rear ABS. I have taken off the wheels and
calipers but
cannot get the rotors to come off on either side. There are no flat washer
 clips holding them on and I have banged and yanked and pried on them until
 I thought the truck would come off of the jackstands. Is this a "one piece
 unit" or what? <snip>

Yes the do come apart....not they won't sitting on jack stands or while on the truck........

Just did my brakes, and wanted to get the rotors turned, first one wouldn't come off, so I took a hammer to it. Bad move, killed the rotor, but the machine shop pressed it off the hub so I could put a new one on.

Jim

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |