Re: Re: ATTENTION ALL DML'ers!!

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 14:14:32 EDT

On Tue, April 18, 2006 8:42 am, Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

> In article <48038.66.73.245.4.1145303577.squirrel@webmail.omg-stfu.com>,
> josh.lists@omg-stfu.com ("Josh Battles") writes:
>>
>> Why don't you use the bed of your Ram?
>
> That truck was never intended to be a daily driver or work truck. My
> original
> intent with that truck, from the day I ordered it, was to build a show truck
> with it. And while I haven't been able to do everything I've planned on
> doing(as for mods), I do show the truck at a few shows a year and have taken
> number of trophies with it (including all three shows I put it in last year).
> I don't use the bed, as I try to keep the paint in the best shape possible.
> once put a plastic wash bucket (filled with cleaning supplies) in there while
> in Englishtown and just driving across town, the bucket slid around and put a
> few small scratches towards the rear of the bed. Other than that, nothing
> has
> ever been carried back there, I have the Dakota for when I need to move
> things.
> My two Dakotas are my daily driver, work and beater trucks, but I'm not
> bringing them.

Gotcha. I guess I always figured that I'd cover my bed for shows so I didn't
worry what happened to it. Even the drop-in liner has some signifigant
damage to it at this point and I'm sure there are dents from
engines/transmissions sliding around back there.

> I don't wheel the Ram, it's never been off-road, but I am willing to venture
> off the beaten path a little when we are in CO. I'm not going to do anything
> extreme and will avoid anything that will cause any damage. This will be the
> first time that truck will be off-road. The only off-roading it's done is my
> suck-ass driveway, which is only slightly better than washboard hill at Jon's

Ouch. Any plans of paving it?

>> Single layer or dual layer discs?
>
> I've only tried the DVD-R single layer discs myself. According to the
> documentation, it'll support DVD+R (single layer), DVD+R DL, DVD-R (single
> layer), DVD+RW and DVD-RW. I bought the -R sl because they were the cheapest
> that day when I was in CompUSA. I bought a 100-disc silo but I'm almost out.
> The drive works pretty well and the only thing that has bitten me is the DRM.
> I can record movies I tivo from Showtime, but anything from HBO will fail.
> The
> drive will stop with a few seconds of pressing record. I've also dumped a
> fair
> number of my personal VHS tapes to DVD and that works great.

Cool. I'll bring DVD-R single layer discs then. I've got a ton of those.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'