NAPA DPW high performance water pump?

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 09:50:57 EDT

Was browsing the NAPA online site today, planning on picking up a new water
pump. I wanted to get a Flowkooler, but it seems, at least on our trucks, that
they are problematic. I know Rascal had issues a couple years ago, yet others
seem to run fine.

I also have a 3 piece March UD pulley set that I was thinking about using, and
NAPA is about the only place that still sells pumps with bolt on pulleys. In
the selection for a 92 318, they had a pump# DPW 1203071P that was a high
performance water pump. I haven't been able to find much info on them. Anybody
else know about them?

I did find a reference on a different board for GM engines I think that seemed
to indicate that these pumps had a plate attached to the impeller, increasing
efficiency. It sounds like the same thing Flowkooler sells - a disc conversion
plate that you rivet to a stock impeller and increases efficiency.

Summit sells the plates for about $10.

Thanks.

Kevin
1992 CC 318 2wd (360 swap underway)