Re: Colorado BBQ Convoy

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 09:26:39 EDT

On Sat, April 22, 2006 10:16 pm, Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Josh Battles wrote:
>>
>> My grandparents have travelled from Chicago to Colorado several times, I
>> had
>> planned on asking them if there was a nice campground on the way that we
>> could stop at overnight. I hadn't planned on driving 16 hours straight,
>> that's a little much for me.
>
> Josh, let us know when you get an idea where you want to stop. We're
> going to be driving from Jon's place. My goal is to get from Jon's to
> the campground in three days. Google says it's 1567 miles. From Jon's
> place to your area is just slightly under 1/3 of the way there, that
> might make a good first day. In that case, we might be stopping the
> same place you do for the next night.

I'll keep you posted. Right near me here there's a campground (RV Friendly)
called "Windy City Campground and Beach" that's pretty reasonable from what I
hear. I've not stayed there but my cousin's cub scouts are always camping
out there.

I'll definately keep you posted when I find somewhere to stay the first
night. I'll post to the list.

> We're trying to figure out a way to avoid driving during the peak of the
> daytime heat. I prefer not to run the A/C while pulling the trailer if
> we can avoid it. We haven't decided if we're going to try to get up
> super early and stop for the day before it gets too hot, or sleep during
> the day, leave in the early evening and drive in to the night. The
> second option fits better with our natural sleep schedules, but that'll
> make it more difficult to adjust to getting up in the morning to go do
> stuff in Colorado.

Drive with the windows down? That's what we'll be doing.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.

. . .------------------------------------------------------------------. | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! | | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net | `------------------------------------------------------------------'