Re: Bedliner Or Rubberized Undercoating?

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 21:28:34 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> Hey gang, I'm pondering using something to protect the frame from the
> elements. I'm thinking of Duplicolor or herculiner - or I've looked at
> 3M's rubberized undercoating (spray can).
>
> I've been wondering of the results that people who have used these kinds
> of products have seen? Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?

Neither will add any significant buoyancy....

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I have used the Duplicolor on other items,
and have been extremely impressed with it's performance. It takes
forever and 3 days to dry, but once it cures, it's rock solid, very
comparable to my permatech bedliner. It also seems to take extra coats
very well - you don't get much of a layer effect, the new layer seems to
"melt in" to the existing layer if done within 24 hours. [while it's
still soft.]
Just be prepared to use the whole can or clean the heck out of the
nozzel [ Acetone IIRC] afterwards.

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |