Re: ODBII - Codes P0340 P0344 -- Camshaft Position Sensor

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2006 - 09:41:55 EDT

At 05:49 PM 6/19/06, Miles wrote:
>My wife came home this afternoon complaining of our 2003 Durango.
>She said that while driving the cruise control cut off while driving home.
>It has 83,500 miles on it. I looked at the dash when she came home
>and the MIL light is on steady.

Miles, I don't know what engine you have so this info. (from
a Chrysler Code pdf file) that I have may or may not apply.

I am assuming that the engine still starts and runs.

The criteria for the 340 code to be triggered is that there is
a good crank sensor signal present with at least 32 peak
to peak voltage toggles present while the engine is cranking.

The code is set when the pcm detects no peak to peak voltage
signals present for at least 2 seconds.

Recommendation is to closely inspect the harness and connector
for signs of trouble. Then, measure the sensor for proper resistance
value (this value may be listed in a FSM). If out of range, replace
the sensor.

With regards to the cruise control problem, examine the vacuum
hose for the cruise control closely for minute leaks and for a tight
connection.

HTH.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, 44RE auto., 4.56SG

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |