RE: Ignition Problem

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 16:55:08 EDT

I can't imagine you would have overlooked this but it sounds like the MSD is
set for six cylinders. ?

> When I bypass
> the MSD box (Blaster coil still used) it will run normally for a few
> minuets
> then it will start losing power until it won't run at all.

Sorry, not even a clue at the moment.

> Any other tips and suggestions?
> I know Ray...ditch the MSD since it doesn't help, right? That probably
> what
> I'll do if the problem lies in the MSD coil.

FWIW, when my coils have died the engine only ran poorly for a minute or so.
After that there was nothing. Zip, zilch, nada! Crank but no start.

I've used an Accel and an MSD coil and both died within a year. (always at
the end of the track after a run. Zip tied a stocker next to it and xferred
the wires and ran the same numbers on the next pass) The original stock
coil lasted 12 years. I now have a new Mopar stocker on it.

Ray

.
.
| The National DML Meet is in progress! http://meet.dakota-truck.net |