RE: RE: Ignition Problem

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 17:17:23 EDT

Thanks for the suggestions Ray. I've had the MSD for a few years now so if
can be set for 6 cyl's, it must have done it on it's own. I'll have to look
up the manual for checking this setting.
My unprofessional opinion is that the Blaster Coil is bad. Using the MSD
box makes the bad coil work partially. Bypassing the MSD box makes the
Blaster coil fail after about 1 minute of use. Just a theory.
After it fails on the coil alone I can hook up the MSD box for a minute,
then bypass it again and it will run on coil alone for another minute or 2.
I'm going to swap coils from my '96 later this evening.

Thanks,
James