RE: Empty oil filter??

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 12:06:59 EDT

Well Tom, I've noticed on my Dak that the filter is not full if the truck
has not been run for a day or so. I've had to remove it to remove the
tranny and always found the level to be down a little, like maybe a half
inch or so. I just figured that was the difference between the oil being
hot right after a drive and it being cool. I use a K&N oil filter.
Perhaps you're using a different kind that also allows some drain back?

Ray