Re: Wiring A Bed Cap/Topper

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 11:14:02 EDT

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

: On Wed, October 4, 2006 12:33 pm, Kyle Kozubal said:
:>
:> I am going to wire up the cap's brake light and interior light this weekend.

: Kyle, I saw something just this morning that made me wonder if you had
: finished this project yet. A gen III Dak, with a cap, and when he put on his
: turn signal his third brake light on the cap flashed right along with it.
: Clearly he just tied in to one of the brake light wires someplace.

: Please don't do this. It looked incredibly stupid. Find a proper wire that
: comes on only with the brakes and not the turn signals or hazard lights. I'm
: sure you would have figured it out, I just wanted to point it out ahead of
: time so you don't wind up accidentally re-doing it. :-)

    If it were me, I'd probably be inclined to just locate
the wire that runs to the truck's stock CHMBL and tap into
that for the cap's brake light, especially since it isn't
being used now. You can either locate it by color in the
FSM, or just trace it through the interior.

--
                                          -Jon-